- Start of application period: July 3, 2023.
- Deadline for application: October 20, 2023.
- Interviews and application exams: November 2 and 3, 2023.
- Publication of results: November 8, 2023.
- Start of classes: March 2024.
DCIM Admission Manual: HERE
Applicants must enter their personal details and the requested background information in the following online form, which will be available for 2022 admissions from July 1, 2022 until October 14, 2022.
Click on the following link to apply:
For more information or inquiries, please contact us at [email protected]
The students admitted to the program must know basic medical sciences, biomedicine, biology, or related disciplines. The program is open to professionals in the health field and associated areas who demonstrate an interest in biomedicine and interdisciplinary work, a vocation for service, and a willingness to be change managers. They must have demonstrated exemplary academic performance during their undergraduate studies. Preference will be given to candidates with varied interests and inquisitive nature, with a capacity for abstract thinking and a critical and analytical mindset.
This program is open to:
- Holders of Master’s degrees in health areas.
- Graduates of health and related programs: Medicine, Dentistry, Kinesiology, Nursing, Speech Therapy, Nutrition and Dietetics, Veterinary Medicine, Medical Technology, Chemistry and Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, and Biology, among others.
The application process will be carried out annually, by means of an open competition based on applicants’ background information. This includes:
- Certification of academic degrees and professional titles.
- Academic transcripts and graduate ranking of undergraduate studies.
- Applicant cover letter, stating the study objectives (letter of intent).
- Two confidential letters of recommendation. The recommender must send these prior to the application deadline to the program coordinator, Ms. Camila Cancino, at the e-mail address [email protected]
- Curriculum Vitae, the following should be used Resumé format.
- Personal interview (face-to-face or by videoconference).
To be accepted for the program, documents that have been issued in other countries must be revalidated at the following link:
- Analysis of the candidates’ background information, after which the shortlist of candidates will be decided.
- The shortlisted applicants will be invited for personal interviews with academic staff on the doctoral program.
- Test of knowledge relevant to the program.
- Analysis of a scientific publication in English selected by the Committee.
TUITION FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Places Offered: 4
As this program is accredited by the National Accreditation Commission of Chile (CN), applicants are eligible for ANID funding and must apply for the ANID National Doctoral Scholarship.
–ANID Scholarships: Students who are admitted to the program with the ANID National Doctoral Scholarship (which provides tuition and enrolment fees, living expenses, a scholarship, and the possibility of an internship for 6 months), will also receive a complementary UDD scholarship, plus a daily lunch voucher, in addition to the benefits provided by ANID.
– UDD Doctorate Excellence Scholarship: If the applicants are not awarded the ANID National Doctoral Scholarship, the Program Directorate, with the Director of the Institute of Science and Innovation in Medicine, will be responsible for awarding UDD Scholarships based on the results of the Admission process. The UDD Scholarship consists of exemption from the enrolment fee and the full cost of the annual tuition fees, a monthly maintenance scholarship, and a daily lunch voucher.
Good academic performance will enable students to renew the benefits of the UDD Scholarship on an annual basis, after review by the Academic Committee and the Program Directorate.